Lets be honest, creating, managing, sending and chasing payments on invoices, its something we all have to do at one time or another. Its not glamorous, its not sexy, but its a very important part of any business.
There are lots of options, so much so that things can get confusing, and picking the right tool job can become tricky. Traditional software that you install locally on your computer is cumbersome, the world has evolved, and invoice management is something you’re much better off doing online. A lot of online invoicing software evolve into full blown accounting suites, introducing lots of features, and the invoicing element gets lost. I’ve seen some systems where this evolution gets in the way of sending invoices.
Yet another online invoice service?
Not quite, here are some things fundamentally wrong with a lot of the invoicing services out there.
- Not free to use – I see very little reason to pay to send invoices
- Ugly – Just because invoicing is a “traditional” operation, there’s no reason it can’t be beautiful
- Overly complicated – There are very few services which focus purely on sending and managing invoices.
- Package limitations – The services that claim to be “free”, either have limits on the number of invoices you can send, or the feature set you have access to as a free user
- Broken business models – The majority of services are based on subscription pricing models. In a future post I’ll share in more detail my thinking as to why subscription pricing is outdated and “broken” for this type of service
This may be seen as biased, but these are my opinions and things that I thought needed to be addressed in this space. Only time will tell if the strategic thinking is right.
What makes Invoiceable different?
- Invoiceable lets you create and send beautiful looking invoices to your clients in seconds
- Invoiceable is built around making the job of invoicing quick and simple
- All free users have access to all the invoicing features, no limitations
- Ad supported that works – There’s a small “Powered by Invoiceable” link at the bottom of every invoice sent by the system. These can be removed for a one time payment, not a yearly payment, not a monthly payment. A single one time payment and the Invoiceable branding is removed from your invoices.
More to come
I’ll share more details specifically around Invoiceable in future posts, including;
- Launch story – it really was a lot of fun getting things live, challenging and a lot of pain, but a lot of fun
- Our metrics – at the time of writing we’re seeing around 60-70 new registrations per day, and we haven’t done any press releases, or started promoting the service yet
- The thinking – behind the business strategy, and the lessons we learn along the way
Create an account and have a play: http://invoiceable.co